Sunday 3 July 2011

Graphic Novel Review : Storm Born Volume #1 By Richelle Mead


Eugenie Markham never asked for any of this. Until now, she''s been content with her job as a freelance shaman, battling and banishing Otherworldly creatures. When a prophecy suddenly makes her the Otherworld''s most popular bachelorette, Eugenie finds herself fighting off unwanted supernatural suitors, as well as the evils that begin emerging from her past...(Goodreads)
My Thought
First I would like to say thanks to Patrick from Sea Lion Books who has shared with me the first two parts of this Graphic Novel. Storm Born, I have not read the novel. Vampire Academy is the only book of Richelle Mead that I finished. I have been looking forward to read the graphic novel since I saw the cover in some blogs. It was intriguing me since its first page.

In this first two parts, Storm Born introduced me to Eugenie, a shaman. She made this become her job. She even had a secretary to handle all her clients' calls. Eugenie was so powerfull yet awesome. She looked so calm. It seemed that she faced nothing. It was not easy to send the spirit to the other world but she enjoyed all the process. She could handle all those annoying spirits and all the cases were closed. Till one day, her secretary called her there was one mad who needed her help. He shared one a different case. It was not spirit but fairy. Eugenie was little bit confused to take the case or not. Because she never faced any kind of cases like this. Unfortunately I do not what happened next. As I have said before I just read the first two parts. Can't hardly wait till the finish copy is released. I hope I can get the chance to read it.

What great from this novel graphic is not only the idea, but also the way they turned everything inside the book into pictures. The characters, the places, even the spirit were drawn very well. Its colorful pages also caught my attention in the first place. The most important was It did not take time for me to get to know something about Eugeine. I loved to see all her expression and emotions. Not only Eugeine, the other characters were also in a great shapes. Reading this graphic novel and staring its each columns makes me want to read Storm Born the novel.

I recommend this Graphic Novel to all of you even if you have not read Storm Born. The one who loves Richelle Mead's novels especially who have read the series, I am sure you do not want to miss this one.

I have also checked they also have made The Vampire Academy into graphic novel. I am curious about it. I wonder the illustration of Rose and Lisa. I hope the artwork will be as good as what they gave me in Storm Born.

Cover
Eugenie looks so cool in that cover. I love it. But I am not sure If I have seen that expression. Black as the background make her looks so elegant.

4/5

Authors: Richelle Mead, Grant Alter, Dave Hamann
Hardcover: 120 pages
Publisher: Sea Lion Books (October 4, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0982818645
ISBN-13: 978-0982818640
Product Dimensions: 10 x 6.8 x 0.2 inches

Pre-order Dark Swan: Storm Born Volume 1 at Amazon


No comments:

#SS2014: The Riddle

Here we go again~ Setelah dua tahun berturut-turut dapat buku terjemahan, tahun ini aku dapat buku dari penulis Indonesia. Ud...