Saturday, December 8, 2012

2013 TBR Pile Challenge


In my goodreads shelves, I got 306 books to read.It's really big number. I hate the fact that my reading speed is not as fast as me bought the books. So I decided to join some reading challenge to help me finish at least some of them. 2013 TBR Pile Challenge is one them. The goal is to read 12 books from "to be read" pile.

So here is the list of books that I will read in 2013. They have been in my shelves for more that a year:
  1. The Lost Symbol - Dawn Brown (Goodreads)
  2. City of Thieves - David Benioff (Goodreads)
  3. Pearl of China - Anchee Min (Goodreads)
  4. A Spot of Bother - Mark Haddon (Goodreads)
  5. The Ghost Writer - John Harwood (Goodreads)
  6. Weedflower - Cynthia Kadohata (Goodreads)
  7. Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer (Goodreads)
  8. The Mermaid Chair - Sue Monk Kidd (Goodreads)
  9. 1984 - George Orwell (Goodreads)
  10. Ballet Shoes - Streatfeild (Goodreads)
  11. The Ninth - Ferenc Barnas (Goodreads)
  12. You Have To Kiss a Lot of Frogs - Laurie Graff (Goodreads)
Alternates:
  1. Honeymoon with My Brother - Franz Wisner (Goodreads)
  2. The Palace of Illussions - Chitra Banerhee  (Goodreads)
Most of the book have been translated into my language. Ballet Shoes is the only English book. But I am going to write the review in English. I might not read the book in a order.

This reading challenge is hosted by Adam @ Roof Beam Reader. Go check his sign up post if you also want to participate.