Wednesday 5 January 2011

"Waiting on" Wednesday - Incarceron

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Incarceron -- a futuristic prison, sealed from view, where the descendants of the original prisoners live in a dark world torn by rivalry and savagery. It is a terrifying mix of high technology -- a living building which pervades the novel as an ever-watchful, ever-vengeful character, and a typical medieval torture chamber -- chains, great halls, dungeons.

A young prisoner, Finn, has haunting visions of an earlier life, and cannot believe he was born here and has always been here. In the outer world, Claudia, daughter of the Warden of Incarceron, is trapped in her own form of prison -- a futuristic world constructed beautifully to look like a past era, an imminent marriage she dreads.

She knows nothing of Incarceron, except that it exists. But there comes a moment when Finn, inside Incarceron, and Claudia, outside, simultaneously find a device -- a crystal key, through which they can talk to each other. And so the plan for Finn's escape is born
  • Reading level: Young Adult
  • Hardcover: 448 pages
  • Publisher: Dial; 1 edition (January 26, 2010)
Penerbit Matahati has bought the book rights. But they have not tell us yet when they will publish he book here. I have read some review about this book and most of them enjoy the book. Unfortunately I cant find any excerpt of this book in Amazon.

13 comments:

Jan von Harz said...

I have had this on my TBR shelf for about a year now and still have not read it. Guess it is about time. Hope you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I want to read this one too.

Steph said...

I just bought this book last week. I'm hopping to get to it soon! Did you hear Taylor Lautner is to play Finn.... Great Pick!


Check out my WOW!

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

BLHmistress said...

I have seen this around and it sounds so awesome, Hope you get to read it soon and see what your thoughts is after you do.

My WOW

LJ said...

Hi Aleetha, I've given you an award. Congrats! http://www.readerrecommended.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award.html

Unknown said...

Hi Aleetha!!

I have awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award!!! Come check it out: http://moonlightgleam.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-award-passing-it-on.html

A Canadian Girl said...

I haven't gotten around to reading this one yet either.

Momo (Books Over Boys) said...

Hi Aleetha!

Just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award over at my blog! :)

Here's the link to the post: http://booksoverboys.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-won-award.html

Ristinw said...

found someone who likes reading as well ^.^

Test said...

Great pick! I really want to read this one too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aleetha. I hope they publish it soon for you. I downloaded it last week for my Kindle but haven't started it yet. Thanks for visiting me :)

Casey (The Bookish Type) said...

I really need to read this one too! It sounds like a really original premise.

#SS2014: The Riddle

Here we go again~ Setelah dua tahun berturut-turut dapat buku terjemahan, tahun ini aku dapat buku dari penulis Indonesia. Ud...