Archaeologist Sheppard Smyth has staked his career and the honorable memory of his deceased wife and partner on proving his widely-panned theory: Cleopatra VII, last ruler of Ancient Egypt, was murdered. When a statue of the doomed Queen is discovered in an Olmec excavation site in Mexico, Shep rushes to investigate and, hopefully, find the proof that has evaded him for so long. Soon, he finds himself in the middle of the rivalry between the sexy, enigmatic international thief, Victoria Kent, and infamous rumored Russian mobster, Dmitri Kronastia. Both hold pieces to the puzzle that will finally shed light on Cleopatras death, as they vie for Shep's trust and assistance. As he is drawn further into their world of ancient gods, supernatural powers, and alternative history, little does Shep know that the fate of all humanity may hinge on his ability to discover the truth in between Victoria and Dmitris' fragmented claims and hidden identities. Working to decode the ancient past while attempting to save the future, Shep becomes a common pawn played by forces working to see out a quest older than the pyramids themselves and cloaked by the Mayan prophecy of 12.21.12.
Before reading the synopsis, from the title, I thought it would tell me everything about Mayan prophecy. I prepared myself with all those ancient stuff . Many speculation was created. But all things that I put in my mind about this book were totally wrong.Everything that Killian wrote inside is new to me. I was so excited when I found out about what I was going to read. I did not know anything about Sekhmet or any theory behind the death of Cleopatra before I read this book. It was really nice to read such book. It looked like opening new book. I got many new things from it.
In the middle of the book,I got confused. Especially when it narrated about all those god and goddess. It is all because of the lack of knowledge about the ancient history. I was just not ready with all those conspiracies that Killian brought. I could not distinguish between fact and fiction. Luckily, the book still gave me the answer that I was looking for in the beginning of the book.
Each character has their own uniqueness. From the beginning till the last pages, Victoria Kent grabbed my attention. She kept give me surprises. In every chapters I was looking forward to it. I also like Alex with all of his thought.
Unpredictable ending become a point to be remarked.
I was totally trapped with all the symbols.
My favorite quote
"A man who has never known himself to have legs will never attempt to walk. Think of whatever you treasure most, of whatever your heart sings for. Take all the passion of that thought and just let it ill you and explode from you"
Author: Killian McRae
Paperback, I, 238 pages
Published December 21st 2010 by Omnific Publishing
(first published December 19th 2010)
Blog Tour Schedule
- Julie @ A Tale of Many Reviews - Review - March 1st 2011
- Yelania @ The Itzel Library - Interview - March 2nd 2011
- Damaris @ Good Choice Reading - Top Ten/Giveaway - March 3rd 2011
- Mandy @ Twimom101's book blog - Interview - March 4th 2011
- Casey @ Dark Readers Blog - Interview - March 5th 2011
- Alisha @ My need to Read - Character post - March 6th 2011
- Jules @ One Book Shy of a Full Shelf - Interview/Giveaway - March 7th 2011
- Lisa K. @ Baffled Books - review - March 8th 2011
- Sarah @ The Book Bee - Character Interview - March 9th 2011
- Page @ One Book at a time - Guest post/Interview - March 10th 2011
- Michelle @ Hooked To Books - Giveaway/Review - March 11th 2011
- Kristin @ My Bookish Ways - Review/Interview - March 12th 2011
- Celine @ Nyx Book Reviews - Top Ten - March 13th 2011
- Sherri @ Urban Girl Reader - review/Q&A/giveaway - March 14th 2011
- Cherry @ Cherry Mischievous - Guest post - March 15th 2011
- Bianca @ Sweet Nothings xo - review/giveaway - March 16th 2011
- Rebecca @ My Life with Boys and Books - review - March 17th 2011
- Megan @ A Trail of Books Left Behind - review/character interview - March 18th 2011
- Jennifer @ Ponytails Book Reviews - review - March 19th 2011
- Tammy @ Into The Mystic - - March 20th 2011
- Lisa @ Bookworm Lisa - Top Ten/Giveaway - March 21st 2011
- Tara @ Taming the Bookshelf - - March 22nd 2011
- Rachel @ Parajunkee's View - - March 23rd 2011
- Melissa @ I Swim for Oceans - review/interview - March 24th 2011
- Kathy @ I Am A Reader, Not A Writer - giveaway/interview - March 25th 2011
- Christin @ Between the Covers - review - March 26th 2011
- Stacy @ Girls in the Stacks - review - March 27th 2011
- Ash @ Smash Attack Reads - character interview - March 28th 2011
- Aleetha @ bacaan-ally blog - review - March 29th 2011
- Ashlie @ Bookish Novelties - review/interview - March 30th 2011
- Yara @ Once Upon a Twilight - Review/Giveaway - March 31st 2011
- Once Upon a Twilight Author Live chat - March 31st 2011 @ 9pm CT