Wednesday 20 April 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Fanfare by Renee Ahdieh



Cris Pereira hates starring in a cautionary tale. Alas, her recent heartbreak relegates her to this unbecoming fate. The only good thing about being dumped a foot from the altar is the newest layer to her punchy sarcasm. All she wants is a do-over, but this is not your average fairy tale, and wishes don't come true in the real world. One Sunday afternoon, she meets a movie star. Tom Abramson is intelligent, charming, and impetuous. In other words, he plays the role a bit too well. She isn't falling for it. She knows better. All British men are not descendants of Fitzwilliam Darcy, and movie stars are genetic mutations gone awry: X-Men with statistical disadvantages and emotional handicaps. Keep your knight in shining armor. A modern girl can rescue herself, thank you very much. After all, dreams are for the foolhardy, nightmares are just a part of life, and . . . this is not your average fairy tale
Expected publication: May 31st 2011 by Revolution Publishing


I am curious what this book bring to me. I also love the cover.
~~~

"Waiting" On Wednesday is a weekly meme that hosted by Breaking The Spine

13 comments:

June G said...

Yeah. I love that cover. The description sounds a bit convuluted and I'm not totally sure what the story is about, but I do relish finding out. Nice choice. Defintely fresh and original!

Unknown said...

That sounds freaking fantastic! Added to TBR!

The cover is awesome with that beautiful flower.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jules said...

Love the cover!

I haven't heard of this one but I think it is one for my wishlist! :D

Mia said...

I haven't heard of this book till now. It sounds soo good! and that cover is to-die-for! Great pick! ;)

Check out my WoW picks for this week!

Lindsay said...

Beautiful cover! I'm pretty curious about this book now myself!
I'm your newest follower, and I look forward to reading more of your posts! =)
Here's my WoW post

DJL said...

The summary definitely has me curious about the story. :) And the cover is very lovely and dramatic. I'll have to check it out. Thank you for sharing! :)

Sally said...

I haven't heard of this one before but it sounds great. I will have to put it on my wishlist.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of this one, sounds interesting.

Come by and see mine and my giveaways.

Jamie said...

Great pick. I've not heard of this one before.

My WoW can be found at http://guiltypleasuresreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday_20.html

I'd love for you to stop by:)

I'm a new follower

Bibliosaurus Text said...

I hadn't heard of this one before, but what a gorgeous cover!

Yas said...

wow! the premise AND the cover is wonderful!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh I just got this one from the author in my email today! I can't wait to read it!

Ann Summerville said...

The cover portrays an air of mystery.
Ann

#SS2014: The Riddle

Here we go again~ Setelah dua tahun berturut-turut dapat buku terjemahan, tahun ini aku dapat buku dari penulis Indonesia. Ud...