Wednesday 18 May 2011

Waiting on Wednesday : Solstice by P.J. Hoover


Where Mythology and Dystopia meet...

Piper’s world is dying. Global warming kills every living thing on Earth, and each day brings hotter temperatures and heat bubbles which threaten to destroy humanity. Amid this Global Heating Crisis, Piper lives with her mother who suffocates her more than the chaotic climate. When her mother is called away to meet the father Piper has been running from her entire life, Piper seizes an opportunity for freedom.

But when Piper discovers a world of mythology she never knew existed, she realizes her world is not the only one in crisis. While Gods battle for control of the Underworld, Piper's life spirals into turmoil, and she struggles to find answers to secrets kept from her since birth. And though she’s drawn to her classmate Shayne, he may be more than he claims. Piper has to choose whom she can trust and how she can save the people she loves even if it means the end of everything she’s ever known.
Why I put this book in my WOW. First, I like its issue about Global Warming. Second this book also brought myth.

From Goodreads, It's been published on May 4th, 2011.
I wish I have my e-reader. Or at least change my recent currency into dollars.
So I can read Solstice soon.



~~~

"Waiting" On Wednesday is a weekly meme that hosted by Breaking The Spine

No comments:

#SS2014: The Riddle

Here we go again~ Setelah dua tahun berturut-turut dapat buku terjemahan, tahun ini aku dapat buku dari penulis Indonesia. Ud...